February 23, 2009

Thinking About Facebook Advertising?

Can you believe it - three posts in 1 day, I'm trying to get caught up, since I've been slacking lately!

I'm currently trying to build up my Senior sessions and get my hands on a few senior reps. Kinda hard since most of my friends are in their 20's and 30's and if they have kids they are still little. I had pondered Facebook advertising but wasn't sure if it was worth the money or not after reading mixed reviews.

I decided to give it a shot after getting $100 in FREE Facebook advertising. I know, I didn't believe it at first either, but it's true, it's free. It's through the Visa Small Business Network. If you have (or create) a Facebook account and sign up for the Visa Network, they give you a $100 advertising credit. I believe the expiration date to use the credits is 5/6/09, so sign up soon!

I'm not going to get into all the details of how to advertise on Facebook and I'm holding off to share my results, as I want to have a month in before I make a decision to continue on. But if you've been thinking about it, this is the cheapest way to try it out!! Here's the link to the Visa Small Business Network page - which includes instructions on how to sign up and receive your credit! http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=24249628048

Good luck advertising, I'd love to hear your results and I'll be sharing mine in April!

2 comments:

U BRING ME JOI said...

Did you ever advertise on FB? and if so how'd it go?

Neil Creative said...

I did - it was not as great as I had expected. I have tried it a few times with small budgets and haven't had the success that others have had. I know personally, I never click on the ads when I'm on facebook. The responses I have gotten have been high school seniors.