May 12, 2010

Are You Accepting Credit Cards?

I finally decided to "cave" and start taking credit cards this year. Previously I was cash, check or paypal. I had a customer last year that didn't have the cash, refused to use paypal and was left with option of a check and wasn't thrilled about that either. While the sale was a good one, I wondered if she had the option to pay with a charge card if she would have spent more. Personally, we no longer use credit cards in my family, but I know a lot of my clients do. And when I used to use credit cards, I would always come home from the mall with many more purchases than I originally planned on buying!

So, are you getting the sales that you could?? I do 95% of my sales via my Photo Cart, since with my full time job I just don't have the time to meet every client in person. After talking with fellow photographers, I knew that charge cards were the next step in increasing my online sales. I'm still offering paypal payments to clients, which some are using, but a lot are migrating towards the ease of paying with credit cards.

After much research I decided to go with NobelPay. Chris at NobelPay worked with me to find the right plan that worked for my online needs and offered me a great price on my monthly payments as well. The customer service with NobelPay has been great. Anytime I have any questions or problems, Chris is fast to respond and if he doesn't have the answer, he finds someone who does.

While it's only been a short period of time since I started taking credit cards, it was definitely the right move for this stage of my business. More and more people are having issues with paypal and I don't want my clients to be forced into using something that they are unsure about. If you're currently not taking credit cards, think about the potential added sales you could see from making the small change!

3 comments:

christopher swift said...

Thank you so much for your kind words - It's always nice to hear when you do a good job!

-Chris

htpp://www.noblepay.com
http://signup.photopayments.com

U BRING ME JOI said...

Just wondering how the credit card payments are going for you now? You posted this back in May so you've had a little time.... I'm thinking about it normally get paid by check and though it's not as slow cashing as before I wonder the same things that you did.

Thanks,
Joi

Neil Creative said...

The credit cards are still going well. My average sale with cc payment continues to grow. I still have some folks who prefer paypal or check and those sales tend to be lower. HTH!